Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kenny+Jessica+Little Frogs=Great Day!

Man, some days you just never expect. I feel like I have done a goodly amount of weddings and kind of have a groove and a rhythm. But its life's little surprises that makes it all worth while. I showed up at this wedding thinking it would be normal. But I forgot that I was shooting with the great Dylan Mayer. He always keeps me on my toes and I learn sooooooo much from him. The thing that was crazy was that Dylan decided it would be a good idea to catch the little frogs that were around the lake. "Get me like 5 frogs." I kind of just laughed and went on shooting. "You got those frogs yet?" Dylan says. "Are you serious?" I couldn't believe my job that day would be to catch frogs. "Yeah man just get me like 5. It'll make a dope ring shot." I sort of took a deep breath and grabbed a cup. As I am bent over trying to catch frogs I had a rather humorous inner monologue. "I have a Masters degree in plant biology. I am a decently smart fellow. I am on my hands and knees at a wedding catching frogs." I sort of laughed to myself and realized that anytime Dylan has sent me to do a crazy adventure like this...the photos turn out amazing. The wedding was super fun and I had a great time hanging out with Dylan and getting back in the groove of shooting. My frog shot didn't turn out super great...mostly because I was doing the frog placement and Dylan was doing the shooting. Check his blog HERE for the true awesomeness. Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. You do not have Master's degree. Although, if you spent more time writing your thesis rather than taking pictures maybe you would ;)

    ReplyDelete